« on: September 14, 2009, 02:16:15 pm »
If you are running a version of WordPress older than 2.8.4, your site is vulnerable to attack.Please protect your website immediately! Upgrade to the latest version of WordPress.
Here's how to upgrade:
1. Go to http://login.cruzio.com/
2. Enter your Cruzio administrative login and password (not necessarily the same as your WordPress login and password) and click "Log In."
3. On the Plesk Login page, enter your login information again and click "Login" to be taken to your domain's control panel.
4. In the "Custom buttons" section, click the "Installatron Applications Installer" button.
5. Find WordPress in the list. To the right of it, click on the button with red text. It should show "Upgrade to" followed by the latest version number.
6. On the first two pages, click "Next." On the third page, find the line in bold labeled "Backup". Make sure "Yes, create a backup and let me choose what will be included in the backup" is checked. Below, you will see a list of files that will be in the backup. Click "Next".
7. Keep clicking the "Next" button until it gives you the message "Installatron is ready to upgrade." Then click "Submit".
8. When the upgrade is done, click the "Complete" button.
You will now have the latest version of WordPress installed on your website.
Be sure to look at your site after upgrading to make sure there aren't any problems. If you use third party WordPress plugins, you may have to upgrade them so that they continue to work properly.
To learn more about keeping Wordpress secure, visit:http://wordpress.org/development/2009/09/keep-wordpress-secure/
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.