Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission
: Purpose of the SCCRTC:
1. Set priorities for major capital improvements to our transportation infrastructure, including highways, major roads, rail and alternative transportation facilities.
2. Pursue and allocate funding for all elements of our transportation system.
3. Adopt policies to improve mobility, access and air quality.
4. Plan for future projects and programs to improve the regional transportation system while improving the region's quality of life.
5. Inform businesses and the public about alternatives to driving alone and the need to better manage our existing transportation system.
6. Conduct programs to encourage the use of alternative transportation modes.Website